Windows 10

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: [DB] Admins, Senior Admins, Executive Admins

daveisone
PVT
Flag: Great Britain

Windows 10

Postby daveisone » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:45 pm

Have any of you fine people downloaded the Windows 10 OS and are now using it? I am undecided whether or not to D/L it but it will soon expire, any advice is appreciated, will it mess up my cod 2 files? and if so, is it a ball ache to reinstall? Please try and keep any replies in simpleton language.....its the only one I know :lol:
Thanks.
Dave
0 x
kennison
SGT

Re: Windows 10

Postby kennison » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:24 pm

Hi Dave, You're the one, man, you're the one. Any way, I did not choose to download it. Microsoft did it anyway. It is my understanding Microsoft has been downloading windows 10 unless you turn off auto download. I don't like that Microsoft did it but I have to live with it. My work uses 10 so I was familiar with the OS. Personally I don't like change as long as everything is working fine. I live by the creed, "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

As for COD2, it won't work. How I made mine work is I reinstalled it and went in as an admin and told it to use windows 8 OS. It works fine having done that. What is interesting is that I had been having a great deal of trouble getting COD 2 to load prior to windows 10. I really don't know what the problem was. But once windows 10 was installed I decided to try loading cod 2 again and with a little tweaking as an admin I am able to play. Of course, prior to that I upgrading divers so that may have had something to do with it.

I also had trouble with my printer after having windows 10 forced on me. I have a Dell printer and Dell did not support windows 10 for my printer. So, going in as an admin again I told my comp to use windows 8 as OS for my printer and it works fine now.

If it were me, I would not download windows 10 (see the above creed). It is my understanding that Microsoft will continue to support windows 8 for a few more years. You may want to check on that. They originally said they would not support previous operating systems.

Hope this helps,
0 x
[DB]Dirtyboy
1LT
Flag: United States of America

Postby [DB]Dirtyboy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:00 am

Although it takes a few longer seconds to load the game, I have no problems. It is recommended to go into the "trouble shooter" in the compatibility settings, but do not use any OS, it will fix itself with the troubleshooter. Hope that this helps.
0 x
Auburnman
PVT

Postby Auburnman » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:32 pm

Windows is still a thing?
1 x
daveisone
PVT
Flag: Great Britain

Postby daveisone » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:40 am

Hi All, Thanks for the replies, it looks like I shall be upgrading later..... so I'll hopefully see you all "on the other side" soon, if not and I have problems, I may be pecking your heads on here to find a solution!
Take it easy guys and have fun......with or without me!!!
Dave.
0 x
LateLuis
PVT
Flag: Argentina

Postby LateLuis » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:56 am

I have no computers running over Windows, but I heard yesterday, when we were playing, that the problem that affects the most is the ping question. There's may be a solution that implies the use of powerline adaptors and never connect yourself wireless.
See
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/game/ ... y-3609346/
and
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/review/powerline-adapters/

Some of them have a compression algorithm and a protocol for errors detection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power-line_communication
0 x
Rock2zep
SGT

Postby Rock2zep » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:51 pm

Get a Mac
1 x
Rat Patrol
PVT

Postby Rat Patrol » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:31 am

I don't have any issues with W10's and COD compatibility, however I play through Steam. Not sure if that has anything to with it or not.
0 x
Auburnman
PVT

Postby Auburnman » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:14 pm

1 x
Rokannon
SGT

Postby Rokannon » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:47 pm

Rat Patrol wrote:I don't have any issues with W10's and COD compatibility, however I play through Steam. Not sure if that has anything to with it or not.

Steam does provide some compatibility help.
0 x

Share This

Return to “General”