A few updates with website needed

Have any suggestions or ideas for our website? Post them here.

Moderators: [DB] Admins, Senior Admins, Executive Admins, Server Ops Team

ShiK
PVT
Flag: United States of America

A few updates with website needed

Postby ShiK » Tue May 09, 2017 11:30 am

Good day fellow gamers and Admins:

I'm posting this here because the forum is listed as "Have any suggestions or ideas for our website? Post them here".

I would be glad to help out with any of these changes, I'm a retired IT Consultant and very familiar with resolving issues.

1. dbtactical.com doesn't resolve any longer, I'm guessing the change to dbtactical.clanservers.com is the reason. Suggestion would be is to get into your admin login for your hosting and REDIRECT dbtactical.com -> dbtactical.clanservers.com . This will resolve all the reference to dbtactical.com, for example: on XLSTATS, clicking HOME, will still resolve after making this change.

2. Your Donate button on your website needs to be changed too, add the .clanservers.com.

As I mentioned, fixing the domain redirect will resolve all issues that use dbtactical.com

Thanks for reading,
Thom - aka ShiK
0 x
Munny
SGT

Re: A few updates with website needed

Postby Munny » Tue May 09, 2017 12:28 pm

Seems like a fair suggestion, Shik! Thanks. Curious who you have consulted with/ for... Been in IT myself for many moons.

So Ken, does Kevin still hold/ own the domain name? I'd like to suggest we begin exploring getting Shik some credentials to start helping when able.
0 x
[DB]Dirtyboy
1LT

Postby [DB]Dirtyboy » Tue May 09, 2017 2:15 pm

Lots of questions that have to be addressed on my side. Out of respect for other's that got me this far, I just can not relinquish duties until I speak to them. Please allow me to explore this new option. Frankly, I do not have the time, school is so demanding and so is my ego on doing well; think many of you have noticed my absence. Thanks again, I will be in touch. Might want to add this, the webiste and b3 go hand in hand, in saying that, I have a very hard time giving this to a 509th, yes, still a little prejudice. Now, it would be a very easy thing if Thom was a DB.
0 x
McLaren
Site Admin

Postby McLaren » Tue May 09, 2017 7:35 pm

I'm confused, everything seems to be working fine. That is provided the domain is being paid for.
0 x
McLaren!
[DB]Dirtyboy
1LT

Postby [DB]Dirtyboy » Wed May 10, 2017 5:33 am

LOL Just what I wanted to see!!!!!! Thanks Kyle.
0 x
ShiK
PVT

Postby ShiK » Wed May 10, 2017 1:01 pm

I understand your concerns - Who am I .. it's the internet, everything that I read is the truth ... lol.. just kidding.

I'm retired now.. 57, retired about 13 years ago. what can I say, life has been good to me.

My last job was working for a Law Firm as IT Administrator, or some call it Network Admin.. the tasks invoked a lot more than just Network. I currently keep in touch with several attorneys concerning their IT tasks. I advice them and do the work remotely. I currently live in Cookeville, TN. been here about 6mos. Spent the last 30 years on Eugene, Oregon ... yes I'm a Duck. Working in the law field one thing you must have is integrity and privacy of others information or credentials. This I believe I have earned.

Prior to that .. 15 years as an Electrical Engineering Tech in a bar code scanning company .. I was involved in building those self-checkout systems in grocery stores .. I did the systems hardware work. Yea, you can curse me when they don't function right .. I've been in one locally here and noticed a complete revision of all the software ... but the systems still work the same..

I've been with the 509th about 10 years - It's a good group of men and woman and enjoy the comradery while also enjoying the playing these silly games.

Please understand i'm not asking or do want credentials to your work. Only volunteering as a fellow gamer who enjoys your work that if you need any help I would be more than gladly help.
I point out the issues only to have them functioning properly .. its the OCD in me with technology ..

Anyways.. thanks for taking the moment to reading this post... if you need personal contact info .. let's chat in TS .. just give me a shout...

Thom -
0 x

Share This

Return to “Suggestions - Helpful Ideas”